- Talk at Durhack: Deep Learning: A Programmer’s Guide for Classification, Regression, and Clustering of Big Labelled Datasets (slides)
Note: I like to keeps the slides fairly minimal and ramble during the lectures. If you have missed a lecture and would like a personal copy of the slides with own notes, please contact me by email.
- Lecture 1: Introduction, history, today, and terminology (slides).
- Lecture 2: Applied cryptography (slides).
- Lecture 3: Biometrics: invited lecture by Dr Ning Jia (slides).
- Lecture 4: Operating system security and access control (slides).
- Lecture 5: Network and web security (slides).
- Lecture 6: Database security (slides).
- Lecture 7: Exploits & Malware (invited lecture by Alan Batey and Ross Bradley)
- Lecture 8: Human Factors (invited lecture by Tom Fairfax)
- Lecture 9: Software security - Understanding the platform (slides).
- Lecture 10: Software security - Exploits and mitigations (slides).
Practicals: Please contact me for permission in using this material in other courses.
- Practical 1: Hacking and securing a simple web server (pdf, material)
- Practical 2: Traversal and XSS attacks on a web server (pdf, material)
- Practical 3: Database security (pdf, material)
- Practical 4: Software security (this lab involves a 4.7gb virtual machine prepared by Ross Bradley at SRM. Email me if you would like a copy).
- Answers 1: Sample answers for some of the tasks in practical 1 (pdf).
- Answers 2: Sample answers for some of the tasks in practical 2 (pdf).
- Answers 3: Sample answers for some of the tasks in practical 3 (pdf).
- How to write a good literature review quickly - postgraduate seminar.
- Active implicits: segmentation of complex & noisy images - DBIL seminar.
- GPU-based technology for fast segmentation in 3D imaging data - DBIL seminar.
- Automated discovery: classification from semi-structured data sources - industry talk.
- High-level GPGPU programming with OpenCL and CUDA, applied to real-time photorealistic rendering and deformation - invited seminar (included live-coding session).
- Describing and segmenting images with implicit shape functions - research day (won 2nd place prize for best talk).
- Feature-varying skeletonization - presentation at computer graphics international.
- Hierarchical unbounded signed-distance fields - seminar at Newcastle University.
- Sparse volumetric deformation: real-time deformation and rendering of massive amounts of volumetric data on current hardware - postgraduate seminar on PhD topic.
- Presented research to:
- Pitched our company Intogral Limited to various businesses.
- Won 2nd place for best presentation at research day (October 2015)
- Ongoing collaboration and mentorship with PhD students in Deep Learning and Image Processing.
- Regularly delivering postgraduate seminars, DBIL group seminars, and invited seminars.
- Taught Unity3D and collaborated with PhD students entering international game competitions.
- Presented at international conferences.
- Consulted with and provided mentorship briefly with Geospatial Research Ltd.
- Demonstrator of software applications, year 2 students
- Taught piano to students.
- Taught introductory programming one-to-one to students.